Category: MIDDLE LEVEL & JR HIGH
Arranger: Rolando Brenes
Publisher: Twin Elm Publication
Setting: A Cappella
Breck School 2004
R&R Chair Middle Level & Jr High
• Calipso melody from Limon, Costa Rica
• Rhythm is the key to this polyphonic, energy-filled piece. Great for teaching crisp rhythms, part independence, diction, dynamics, blend and balance within the ensemble. Kids really have to listen! Works well to layer parts like ostinati when learning.
• Nice. Comfortable ranges for all voice parts junior high and high school age.
• My kids LOVED this song at the Tri-metro Honors Choir directed by Tim Sawyer!
• Fun to add a percussion ensemble – drums, rattles and shakers.
• Best to keep part of the translation to yourself if teaching junior high kids: “My nana gave me white milk from her black breasts.”